The best color landscape rock to complement a red brick house is grey.
This neutral color beautifully contrasts the rich, warm tones of the red brick, highlighting the house without overpowering it.
Grey is a classic, versatile color that pairs well with virtually any other color. In the context of landscaping and home exterior design, grey creates a sleek, modern look.
When used with red brick, it provides a striking contrast that draws attention to the house’s architectural features.
Neutral-colored landscape rocks, such as brown, tan, or gray, provide a beautiful and natural contrast to red brick houses. They enhance the overall appearance of the front yard without overpowering the brick’s color.
Additionally, earth-tone rock shades work harmoniously with a red brick house’s aesthetic and create a visually balanced landscape.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Landscape Rock Color
|Landscape Rock Color
|Complements red brick house, provides a neutral background
|Can appear dull or monotonous if not combined with other colors and textures
|Brightens up the landscape, creates contrast with red brick
|May get dirty easily, may not provide enough contrast with light-colored plants
|Provides bold contrast, makes red brick stand out
|Can absorb heat, may appear too dark if not balanced with lighter elements
|Complements red brick, adds warmth to the landscape
|May blend in too much with the red brick, may not provide enough contrast
|Enhances the red brick, creates a cohesive look
|Can be overwhelming if not balanced with other colors and textures
|Subtle contrast with red brick, adds a sense of harmony
|Can appear too subdued if not combined with other colors and textures
|Adds visual interest, can create a unique look
|Can be difficult to coordinate, may appear cluttered if not well-planned
Five Facts About: Landscaping a Red Brick House
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Color Of Landscape Rock
Choosing the right color of landscape rock for a red brick house involves considering factors such as contrast, harmony, and personal preference.
Opt for earthy tones like brown or beige to create a warm and complementary look that enhances the beauty of the red brick exterior.
Matching the undertones of the brick house:
- Consider the predominant undertones of your red brick house, such as warm or cool tones, as they will play a crucial role in determining the suitable landscape rock color.
- Warm undertones in the brick, like red or orange, can be complemented by earthy landscape rock colors such as browns, tans, or terracotta hues.
- If your red brick house has cooler undertones such as gray or blue, consider landscape rock colors like gray, white, or even shades of blue for a harmonious look.
Complementing the overall color scheme:
- Look at the overall color scheme of your property, including other elements such as the roof, siding, and trim.
- If your color palette leans towards warm tones, consider landscape rock colors that complement those, such as earthy, warm-toned rocks. On the other hand, cool-toned color schemes can be enhanced with cooler landscape rock colors like blues or grays.
- Use the color wheel as a guide: Complementary colors (opposites on the wheel) can create a visually pleasing contrast, while analogous colors (neighboring on the wheel) can provide a harmonious blend.
Considering the natural surroundings:
- Take into account the natural surroundings of your property, such as trees, plants, or other existing landscape features.
- If you have lush greenery or vibrant flowers, consider landscape rock colors that will contrast or complement the natural elements. For example, a red brick house surrounded by green trees could be enhanced with gray or white landscape rocks.
- In a desert or arid environment, opt for landscape rock colors that reflect the natural tones of the desert, such as sandy beige, brown, or reddish hues.
Harmonizing with the architectural style:
- Consider the architectural style of your red brick house when choosing the color of landscape rock.
- For traditional or classic architectural styles, neutral landscape rock colors like tans or grays can provide a timeless and elegant look.
- If your house has a more modern or contemporary architectural style, you might opt for bolder or contrasting landscape rock colors to make a statement.
- Additionally, take into account any patterns or textures in the brickwork and choose landscape rock colors that complement or accentuate those features.
Remember, the color of the landscape rock you choose should enhance the beauty of your red brick house, complement the overall color scheme, harmonize with the natural surroundings, and align with the architectural style.
By carefully considering these factors, you can create a visually appealing and cohesive outdoor space that enhances the curb appeal of your home.
Popular Color Options For Landscape Rock
Enhance the curb appeal of your red brick house by pairing it with landscape rocks in complementary colors.
Popular choices include earthy tones like brown, beige, or gray, which create a harmonious and natural look. Achieve a stunning aesthetic by strategically selecting landscape rocks that blend seamlessly with your red brick exterior.
Earthy Tones: Browns, Tans, And Beiges
When it comes to choosing the right color landscape rock for a red brick house, earthy tones like browns, tans, and beiges can create a harmonious and natural look.
These colors complement the warm tones of the red bricks and add a sense of depth and texture to your landscape.
Here are some reasons why earthy tones are a popular option:
- Brown: A brown landscape rock can provide a rustic and earthy feel to your outdoor space. It blends well with the red bricks, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Tan: Tans often have a sandy appearance, which can lend a beachy or coastal vibe to your landscape. This color choice can evoke a relaxed and serene ambiance.
- Beige: Beige rocks offer a neutral and versatile option for red brick houses. They provide a calm and soothing backdrop that allows other elements in your landscape to stand out.
Contrasting Colors: Grays And Blues
If you prefer a bolder and more visually striking look, contrasting colors like grays and blues can be a great choice for your landscape rocks. These colors create a captivating effect by providing a stark contrast against the red bricks.
Here are some reasons why people opt for contrasting colors:
- Gray: Gray rocks can add a modern and contemporary touch to your outdoor space. Their cool undertones create a sharp contrast that enhances the vibrancy of the red brick and adds visual interest.
- Blue: Blue rocks inject a pop of color into your landscape. They create a refreshing and eye-catching contrast against the red brick house, adding a touch of vibrancy and depth to the overall aesthetic.
Warm Hues: Oranges And Reds
To evoke a sense of warmth and coziness, warm hues like oranges and reds can be an excellent option.
These colors harmonize well with the red brick house and create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
Here’s why warm hues are favored:
- Orange: Orange rocks bring a vibrant and energetic feel to your landscape. They can create a striking contrast against the red bricks, resulting in a visually appealing and inviting outdoor space.
- Red: Red rocks complement the existing red bricks, creating a cohesive and harmonious look. This color choice enhances the overall warmth of the landscape and adds a touch of elegance to your outdoor environment.
Neutral Options: Whites And Creams
If you prefer a more subtle and classic look, neutral options like whites and creams can be an ideal choice.
These colors provide a clean and sophisticated vibe and act as a versatile backdrop for other elements in your landscape.
Here’s why neutral options are popular:
- White: White rocks offer a timeless and elegant appeal to your outdoor space. They provide a clean and fresh look, accentuating the red brick house’s beauty while adding a touch of serenity.
- Cream: Cream rocks have a soft and muted tone that blends seamlessly with the red brick house. This neutral color choice creates a calm and serene atmosphere, allowing your landscape’s greenery and other features to shine.
Selecting the right color landscape rock for a red brick house involves considering various factors, such as personal style and desired ambiance.
Earthy tones, contrasting colors, warm hues, and neutral options all have their unique charm and can bring out the best in your red brick house, adding visual appeal and enhancing the overall landscape design.
Assessing The Visual Impact Of Different Color Rock
Assessing the visual impact of different color rock is crucial when considering the best option for a red brick house. The choice should complement the brick’s warm shades, while adding contrast to create an eye-catching landscape.
When it comes to landscaping a red brick house, choosing the right color of landscape rock can significantly impact the overall aesthetic appeal.
The color of the rock can enhance the architectural features of the house, create focal points, and elevate the curb appeal.
Let’s explore how different color rocks can make a visual impact on your red brick house.
Highlighting Architectural Features:
Dark colored rock (e.g., black, charcoal):
Dark-colored rocks can create a striking contrast against the red brick, accentuating the architectural features of your house.
The deep hues provide depth and dimension to the landscape, especially when used to frame entryways or walkways.
Light colored rock (e.g., white, cream, beige):
Light-colored rocks can harmonize with the warm tones of red brick, enhancing the classic look of your house.
These rocks can help highlight the intricate details of your brickwork, such as ornate patterns or textured surfaces.
Neutral colored rock (e.g., gray, tan, brown):
Neutral-colored rocks offer versatility and can complement various architectural styles. They provide a balanced backdrop that allows the red brick to stand out while adding a touch of sophistication to the overall design.
Creating Focal Points And Visual Interest:
Multicolored rock (e.g., river rock, rainbow rock):
If you want to create visual interest in your landscape, consider using multicolored rocks. These rocks come in a variety of shades and sizes, adding texture and vibrancy to your outdoor space.
Use them strategically as focal points or to create borders around flower beds or other landscaping elements.
Contrasting colored rock (e.g., green, blue):
To create a focal point, consider using rocks in colors that contrast with the red brick, such as green or blue.
These colors can add a pop of freshness and create an eye-catching element that draws attention to specific areas, like garden beds or water features.
Enhancing Curb Appeal And Overall Aesthetics:
Earth-toned rock (e.g., sandstone, terracotta):
Earth-toned rocks can complement the warm hues of red brick, providing a cohesive and natural look to your landscape. These rocks blend well with the surroundings and contribute to a welcoming and inviting exterior.
Monochromatic rock (e.g., all shades of red):
If you prefer a cohesive and unified color scheme, consider using rocks in various shades of red. This monochromatic approach blends the rock seamlessly with the red brick, creating a balanced and harmonious appearance.
Varied stone size and texture:
Another aspect to consider when choosing the color of landscape rocks is the size and texture variation.
This can add depth and visual interest to the overall design. Mixing different sizes and textures can create a dynamic look that complements the red brick house.
Remember, the color of landscape rocks should enhance the overall aesthetics and be in harmony with the color palette of your red brick house.
By assessing the visual impact of different colors, you can create a stunning landscape that complements the architectural style, creates focal points, and enhances the curb appeal of your home.
Practical Considerations When Choosing Landscape Rock
When selecting landscape rock for a red brick house, consider choosing a color that complements the warm tones of the brick.
Earthy tones such as brown or tan can create a harmonious and visually appealing contrast with the vibrant red of the bricks.
When it comes to selecting the right landscape rock for a red brick house, there are several practical considerations that need to be taken into account.
The color of the rock plays a crucial role in enhancing the overall look and curb appeal of your home. In this section, we will explore the key factors you should consider before making a decision.
Choosing low-maintenance landscape rock is essential in order to save you both time and effort in the long run.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Opt for rock that is easy to clean and doesn’t require frequent maintenance.
- Avoid rocks that are prone to attracting debris or require constant weeding.
- Look for rock that is resistant to mold, mildew, and staining.
- Consider rocks that are durable and don’t break down easily over time.
Considering the local climate and weather conditions is crucial when selecting landscape rock for your red brick house.
Here are a few important aspects to keep in mind:
- Choose rocks that can withstand the extremes of your climate, whether it’s intense heat, heavy rainfall, or freezing temperatures.
- Look for rock that won’t fade or lose its color when exposed to sunlight for extended periods.
- Consider rocks that are resistant to erosion, especially if you live in an area prone to strong winds or heavy rain.
Cost And Availability
Budget and availability are practical factors that cannot be overlooked when choosing the perfect landscape rock for your red brick house.
Here are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Research the cost of different types of rocks and compare prices from various suppliers.
- Consider the availability of the rocks you are interested in, as some varieties may be more difficult to find in your area.
- Keep in mind that transportation costs can add up, so it’s wise to choose rocks that are locally sourced if possible.
By taking these practical considerations regarding maintenance requirements, weather resistance, and cost and availability into account, you will be well-equipped to choose the right landscape rock that complements your red brick house and adds to its overall aesthetic appeal.
Remember that selecting the right rock can enhance the beauty of your home while also minimizing the effort and expense of maintenance.
Tips For Incorporating Different Colors Of Landscape Rock
Choosing the right color landscape rock for a red brick house is crucial for enhancing its overall aesthetic.
Consider using earthy tones like brown or tan to complement the warmth of the red bricks and create a harmonious and visually pleasing landscape.
Using Multiple Colors For A Layered Effect:
- Experiment with a combination of landscape rock colors to create a visually appealing layered effect for your red brick house.
- Consider using two or three different colors that complement each other and the red brick to add depth and interest to your landscape design.
- Place lighter colored rocks in the foreground and darker ones in the background to create depth and make your house stand out.
- Use different sizes and textures of rocks to enhance the layered effect and create visual contrast.
- Ensure that the colors you choose harmonize with the existing elements in your yard, such as plants, trees, and other hardscape features.
Blending Colors To Create A Cohesive Look:
- Opt for landscape rocks that have a color palette that complements the red brick of your house.
- Look for rocks that have a mix of colors, such as shades of tan, brown, and gray, to create a harmonious blend with the red bricks.
- Consider using rocks that have flecks or streaks of red or rust tones to tie in with the overall color scheme.
- Blend the colors of the rocks throughout the landscape to create a cohesive and unified look.
- Arrange the rocks in a way that allows for a smooth transition between colors and creates visual continuity.
Adding Pops Of Color With Strategically Placed Accents:
- Introduce pops of color into your landscape by strategically placing accent rocks in vibrant shades.
- Choose colors that complement the red brick and add visual interest to your outdoor space.
- Select accent rocks in bold hues like blue, green, or purple to create a striking contrast with the red brick.
- Use these accent rocks sparingly to avoid overwhelming the landscape and create focal points in areas that you want to highlight.
- Place the accent rocks strategically, such as near entryways, along garden borders, or as a centerpiece in a rock garden, to draw attention and create visual excitement.
Remember to always consider your personal preferences and the overall aesthetics you wish to achieve with your landscape rock choices.
By using multiple colors, blending them cohesively, and adding strategic pops of color, you can enhance the beauty of your red brick house while creating a stunning outdoor environment.
Ensuring A Balanced And Harmonious Look
Choosing the right color landscape rock for a red brick house is essential for achieving a balanced and harmonious look.
The rock color should complement the brick, such as earthy tones like brown or gray, to create a cohesive and visually appealing outdoor space.
When it comes to choosing the right color landscape rock to complement a red brick house, it’s important to create a balanced and harmonious look.
By selecting the right hues and incorporating complementary elements, you can achieve an aesthetically pleasing outdoor space that enhances the beauty of your red brick house.
Here are some tips to help you in your decision-making process:
Avoiding Clashing Colors:
- Opt for neutral tones like beige, tan, or gray to create a cohesive look that doesn’t clash with the boldness of the red brick.
- Avoid choosing rock colors that are too similar to the color of the house, as this can create a monotonous appearance.
- Consider the overall color palette of your landscaping and choose rocks that complement the surrounding elements.
Incorporating Complementary Elements Such As Plants And Flowers:
- Use plants and flowers to introduce pops of color that can work harmoniously with both the red brick and the landscape rock.
- Select foliage and blooms in complementary shades, such as purples, blues, or yellows, to create a visually appealing contrast.
- Choose plants with varying heights and textures to add depth and interest to your outdoor space.
Seeking Professional Advice If Uncertain:
- If you’re uncertain about which color landscape rock to choose, it’s always a good idea to seek professional advice.
- Landscape designers or garden centers can provide expert guidance based on the specific characteristics of your red brick house and the surrounding environment.
- By consulting with professionals, you can ensure that your choice of landscape rock will result in a visually pleasing and well-balanced outdoor space.
By following these guidelines and considering factors like clashing colors, complementary elements, and seeking professional advice when needed, you can create a landscape design that perfectly complements your red brick house.
Remember to aim for balance and harmony, and don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect match.
Remember, the key is to create a seamless integration between your red brick house and the landscape rock, resulting in an overall cohesive and visually stunning outdoor environment.
FAQ About What Color Landscape Rock With Red Brick House?
What color landscape rock looks best with a red brick house?
Warm-toned landscape rocks, such as terracotta, reds, or browns, work well with a red brick house. Contrasting cool colors, such as tans and whites, also look great.
What size landscape rock should be used with a red brick house?
The size depends on the specific landscaping project in mind, but medium-sized landscape rocks usually look best with a red brick house.
Can landscape rock be used to create walkways or paths near a red brick house?
Absolutely. Using landscape rock to create walkways or paths can be a great way to accentuate the look of a red brick house.
Can landscape rock be used to create a flower bed near a red brick house?
Yes. Landscape rock can be used to create a beautiful flower bed near a red brick house. It can provide the perfect backdrop for a wide variety of flowers and plants.
In conclusion, choosing the right color landscape rock for your red brick house can elevate your home’s curb appeal.
It’s important to take into account the color of your home, the surrounding landscape, and your personal style.
Some great options to consider include warm earthy tones like tan or beige, cool gray or blue hues, or even a bold black to make a statement.
Ultimately, the choice is up to your personal taste and preferences. By carefully selecting the right landscape rock color, you can create a cohesive and polished exterior look for your home.
Bonus Information: What Color Landscape Rock With Red Brick House?
What color landscape rock should I use?
If you have a red brick house, choosing the right color for your landscape rocks can help to highlight and complement its beauty.
Here are some tips to consider when selecting the color of your landscape rock for a red brick house:
- Choose colors that contrast with red brick, such as gray, white, or beige, for a bold and striking look.
- If you prefer a more subtle look, choose colors that blend with the red brick, such as brown or rust-colored rocks.
- Take into account the surrounding landscape and choose a color that complements the foliage and other features in your yard.
- Consider the size of the rocks and how they will be arranged. Large boulders may look more natural in earthy tones, while smaller pebbles can add texture and detail in brighter colors.
Remember, the color of your landscape rocks can have a big impact on the overall look of your outdoor space.
Take some time to consider your options and choose a color that best suits your personal style and complements the natural features of your yard.
What stone goes well with brick?
If you have a red brick house and are wondering what color landscape rock would look good with it, there are several options that would complement the warm tones of the brick.
Consider choosing a natural stone with variations in color and texture to add depth and interest to your landscaping.
Some good options to consider include:
- River rock in shades of brown, gray, or tan
- • Limestone in shades of beige or light gray
- • Flagstone in various shades and patterns
- • Slate in dark gray or blue-gray tones
It’s important to keep in mind the overall color scheme of your landscaping and to choose a rock color that will coordinate well with the other elements in your yard.
Additionally, consider the size and shape of the stone and how it will fit into your overall design.
What color mulch looks best with red brick house?
When choosing the right landscape rock and mulch to complement a red brick house, it’s essential to consider the hues that will enhance its beauty.
The color of the mulch can either blend in or stand out from the brick color, depending on your preference. However, some colors tend to be more complementary than others.
When it comes to pairing landscape rock with a red brick house, it’s best to opt for natural earth tones that will coordinate with the brick tones.
Here are some color options that would complement a red brick house:
- Brown mulch
- Black mulch
- Dark walnut mulch
- Pine bark mulch
By selecting a natural earth tone mulch, you’re creating an aesthetically pleasing look that won’t detract from the charm of the red brick.
Can I paint my landscape rocks?
Yes, you can paint your landscape rocks. Painting landscape rocks can give a fresh look to your outdoor space.
Here are some steps you can follow to paint your landscape rocks:
- Clean the rocks thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris.
- Use a primer to help the paint adhere to the rocks.
- Choose a paint color that complements the color of your house. For a red brick house, warm earthy tones such as beige, light brown, or tan can be a good choice.
- Apply the paint in thin coats with a paintbrush or spray paint.
- Let the paint dry completely before applying another coat or moving the rocks back into their place in your landscape.
Remember, painted rocks may need to be touched up or repainted over time due to weathering and fading.
What is the ideal paint for rocks?
If you have a red brick house, a good color for landscape rocks is one that complements its warm tones. One option is to choose neutral colors that won’t clash with the brick.
However, if you want to add a pop of color, picking a color that contrasts with the red brick can create a striking visual effect. When it comes to painting rocks, there are several factors to consider.
The ideal paint for rocks will depend on the type of rocks you have, the environment they are in, and the effect you want to achieve. Some good options for painting rocks include acrylic paint, spray paint, and outdoor paint.
Make sure to choose a durable paint that can withstand the elements if you plan to use the rocks in an outdoor setting.
Here are some options to consider when choosing the ideal paint for rocks:
- Acrylic paint: This is a versatile option that comes in a wide range of colors. It can be used on a variety of surfaces and is easy to apply.
- Spray paint: This option offers a smooth and even finish. It’s ideal for large rocks or for creating a uniform color on multiple rocks.
- Outdoor paint: If you plan to use the rocks in an outdoor setting, it’s important to choose a paint that can withstand the elements. Look for paints that are water-resistant and UV-resistant.
- Stone paint: This type of paint is specifically designed for painting rocks and other natural surfaces. It provides a textured finish that can enhance the natural beauty of the rock.
Pro Tip: Before painting the rocks, make sure they are clean and free of any debris. You can use a wire brush to remove any dirt or loose material.colorvisit
What paint is good for outdoor rocks?
If you’re looking to paint outdoor rocks to complement your red brick house, it’s important to choose a paint that is durable and can withstand exposure to the elements.
The best types of paint for outdoor rocks are acrylic paint, outdoor craft paint, and enamel paint.
These paints are weather-resistant and can be used on a variety of surfaces including rocks, metal, and concrete.
Additionally, make sure to prep the rocks properly by cleaning them and allowing them to dry before painting. You can also apply a sealant after the paint dries to ensure the longevity of the paint job.
When choosing a color for the rock, consider choosing a neutral color to complement the red brick house or choose a color that matches the accent color on your house.
How do you paint landscape stone?
To paint landscape stone, you should first clean the rocks thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris. Once the rocks are clean and dry, you can use a paintbrush or sprayer to apply a waterproof paint or sealer.
When choosing a color for landscape rock to go with a red brick house, it is important to consider the overall aesthetic you are trying to achieve.
Neutral colors such as gray, beige, or brown will complement the red brick nicely, while brighter colors such as red or yellow may clash.
Additionally, you may want to consider using rock that has natural variations in color to add visual interest to your landscaping.
What Color Landscape Rock Compliments Red Brick Homes
Choosing the right color landscape rock to match your red brick home can improve the overall aesthetic and complement the house’s exterior.
Generally, neutral-colored rocks or earth-toned rocks work well with red brick homes. These colors create a visually appealing contrast and balance with the bold red brick color.
Consider the following options:
- Light gray
- Tan or beige
- Dark gray or charcoal
Take note of the undertones in the brick and the surrounding elements of your home, such as the roof, trim, and landscaping. Choose a landscape rock color that harmonizes with these features for a cohesive look.
How to Choose the Best Color of Landscape Rock to Match a Red Brick House
Choosing the best color for landscape rocks to complement a red brick house can be a bit challenging, but with a little thought and consideration, you can create a cohesive and visually appealing outdoor space.
The key to making the right choice is to consider the overall tone of your home’s brickwork and other exterior elements, such as roofing, siding, and landscape features.
Finding a landscape rock color that complements these aspects will not only enhance your home’s curb appeal but also create a harmonious outdoor environment.
- Examine the undertones of your red brick: Determine if your brick has warm or cool undertones, as this will help guide the color choice for your landscape rocks.
- Complementary colors: Consider choosing rocks in colors that are complementary to red, such as green, gray, or even beige.
- Neutral colors: If you want a more harmonious look, opt for neutral-colored rocks like brown, gray, or even white.
- Tonal variation: Mixing landscape rocks in varying shades of the same color can add depth and visual interest to your outdoor space.
- Test samples: Before committing to a color, collect samples of landscape rocks, and test them against your red brick to see how they look in different lighting conditions and settings.
Tips and Ideas for Complementary Landscape Rock Colors for Red Brick Houses
When it comes to choosing the perfect landscape rock colors for a red brick house, the key is to find complementary colors that enhance the beauty of the brick exterior without overpowering it.
Selecting the right landscape rock colors will create an aesthetically pleasing and harmonious overall look.
Here are some tips and ideas to help you choose the best rock colors for your red brick home:
- Neutral colors: Consider using neutral-colored rocks, such as beige, tan, or light gray. These colors contrast well with the red brick, adding balance to your landscape without being too overpowering.
- Earth tones: Earth tones, such as brown, rust, and dark gray, work well with red brick exteriors. They create a natural, cohesive look that complements the brick’s warm undertones.
- Darker shades: Darker shades of rocks, like black or dark gray, can create a striking contrast against the red brick. This combination creates a bold and modern look for your landscape.
- Accent colors: If you’d like to add a pop of color to your landscape, consider using rocks in shades of blue or green. These colors provide a beautiful contrast to the red brick while maintaining a cohesive overall look.
Consider these additional elements for your landscaping:
- Mulch: Mulch around your plants not only helps retain moisture but also adds an extra layer of color and texture to your landscape. A dark-colored mulch, like black or dark brown, contrasts well with red brick houses.
- Plants: Incorporate plants with colors that complement the brick’s red hue, such as burgundy, dark green, and yellow foliage or flowers. These colors will enhance the richness of your home’s exterior.
Remember, the key to creating a beautiful landscape around your red brick home is to experiment with complementary colors and textures to achieve a harmonious and cohesive look.