Kelly green color is a bright, vivid shade of green named after the common Irish family name, Kelly. It has a hex code of #4CBB17 and RGB values of (76, 187, 23).
Kelly green color has its origins in Ireland and is often associated with Irish culture and traditions, such as St. Patrick’s Day celebrations.
It is considered a symbol of good luck and prosperity, making it a popular choice for clothing, sports team uniforms, and home décor.
The color is a well-balanced mix of blue and yellow, creating a vibrant and eye-catching shade of green.
The Kelly green color has been a part of Irish heritage for centuries, representing the lush landscapes and the Emerald Isle’s vibrant spirit.
This vibrant hue can be seen in various aspects of Irish culture, such as the national flag, where it symbolizes Irish Catholics and the republican movement.
Additionally, Kelly green is widely used in fashion and interior design, creating a bold, energetic atmosphere in any space.
12 Attribute Of Kelly Green Color
|(76, 187, 23)
|(59, 0, 88, 27)
|(101, 78%, 41%)
|101° (degrees in color wheel)
|Closest Pantone Color
|Grace Kelly (actress, Princess of Monaco)
|Associated with Irish culture, spring, and sports teams
|Apparel, branding, design, sports team uniforms
Key Takeaway: Kelly Green Color
Five Facts About: Kelly Green Color
Defining Kelly Green: A Brief Overvie
Kelly green is a shade of green that sits between bright and dark green on the color spectrum. This vibrant hue is named after the lush green landscapes of ireland and was first used in ireland’s flag in 1642.
Here is more about the history, perception, and symbolism of kelly green.
History And Origin Of The Name “Kelly Green”
- Kelly green is named after the lush green vegetation of ireland, and it was first used in the irish flag in 1642.
- The color was named after a family named kelly who used to live in the kelly castle in county galway.
- In the 20th century, it became a popular color for sports uniforms, including the philadelphia eagles and boston celtics.
Rgb And Hex Values Of Kelly Green Color
- Kelly green is made up of the rgb values 76, 187, and 23, and it has a hex value of #4cbb17.
- It is a bright, vivid green color that is often associated with natural and organic products.
Perception And Symbolism Of Kelly Green
- Kelly green is considered a symbol of growth, harmony, and balance.
- It is often used to represent positivity, prosperity, and abundance.
- Kelly green is a popular color for eco-friendly and sustainable products, as it represents natural and organic resources.
Kelly green is a vibrant, eye-catching color that evokes feelings of positivity, growth, and harmony. Its rich history, bright rgb values, and popularity in sustainable products make it a color that is here to stay.
Color Psychology: What Does Kelly Green Represent?
Kelly green is a vivid shade of green often associated with freshness, renewal, and growth. This color draws inspiration from nature and symbolizes balance, harmony, and stability.
In this section, we will explore the various emotions associated with kelly green, its applications in different fields, and how people from different cultures perceive it.
Emotions Associated With Kelly Green
Kelly green is a color that is closely linked to feelings of balance and stability.
Here are some emotions and feelings that kelly green represents:
- Growth: Kelly green is the color of new beginnings, making it ideal for brands that are starting their business or launching new products.
- Renewal: This color symbolizes freshness and renewal, making it the perfect choice for brands that deal with health, wellness, and organic products.
- Relaxation: Kelly green has a soothing effect, promoting relaxation and calmness. It’s often used in spas, saunas, and meditation centers.
- Optimism: This shade of green is associated with positive feelings like hope and optimism, making it ideal for marketing campaigns that aim to inspire people.
- Harmony: Kelly green evokes harmony and balance, making it perfect for brands that focus on sustainability and eco-friendliness.
Applications Of Kelly Green In Various Fields
Kelly green has different applications in various industries.
Here are some common uses of kelly green across different fields:
- Fashion: Kelly green garments are popular in fashion as it complements various skin tones and pairs well as a contrast with other bright colors like yellow or pink.
- Interior design: Kelly green is a versatile color and can be used as an accent color across furniture, cushions, and throws, and in wallpaper and curtains too.
- Branding: Kelly green is often used in branding and logos as it represents renewal and growth. Brands that deal with organic and sustainable products often use this color to enhance their messaging.
- Sports: Kelly green is the color of some sports jerseys like the philadelphia eagles or the boston celtics that is associated with energy, intensity and renewal.
Perception Of Kelly Green In Different Cultures
The perception of kelly green differs across different cultures.
Here are some examples of how this color is perceived in different parts of the world:
- Ireland: Kelly green is a national color in ireland, symbolizing st. patrick’s day, the patron saint of the country. It represents good luck, prosperity, and hope.
- Japan: In japan, kelly green represents eternal life and is associated with nature and springtime, evoking feelings of freshness, vitality and growth.
- China: In china, kelly green represents balance and harmony, and is associated with the element of wood. It symbolizes renewal, growth, health, and prosperity.
- Islamic countries: Green color has importance in islamic countries. It often represents nature and paradise, with connotations of restfulness, freshness and peace.
Kelly green is a brilliant color that represents growth, renewal, and harmony. Its versatile applications span across fashion, interior design, branding, and sports. The perception of this color also varies based upon the cultural context.
So next time you’re selecting a color for your marketing campaign or branding, consider kelly green to add some vibrancy and positivity.
Shades Of Kelly Green
Kelly green is a vibrant, bold green hue that sits between blue and yellow in the colour spectrum. It is a primary green that is often associated with nature, growth, and abundance.
However, there are many variations of kelly green that are lighter, darker, and have tints and tones. Each shade has unique properties and applications in design and fashion.
Lighter Shades Of Kelly Green And Their Applications
Lighter shades of kelly green can be the perfect choice to add a pop of colour to a neutral palette. This green shade can brighten up the room, evoking feelings of freshness and new beginnings.
Some of the applications of lighter shades of kelly green are:
- In fashion: It can be used as an accent colour in garments, such as in the form of a scarf, hat or pair of shoes.
- In interior design: It can be used in small decorative elements like pillow covers, rugs or throws that can bring an energetic vibe to your living room or bedroom.
Darker Shades Of Kelly Green And Their Applications
Darker shades of kelly green can have a calming effect on a space while still retaining a warmth that is unexpected in many green hues. It can create a comforting, supportive feeling in a room, similar to a well-worn favourite sweater.
Some of the applications of darker shades of kelly green are:
- In fashion: It can be used as a base colour in an outfit or as an alternative to black in a leather jacket or pants.
- In interior design: It can be used as an accent wall or carpet in a room to provide an earthy, robust feel.
Tints And Tones Of Kelly Green
Tints and tones of kelly green are variations of the original colour that are created by adding white or black colour.
Tints are lighter than the original colour while tones are darker. Tints and tones of kelly green provide a range of options for designers and fashion enthusiasts to play with colour.
Some of the applications of tints and tones of kelly green are:
- In fashion: It can be used in clothing, like a shirt or pants, giving an attractive look as a lighter option or a sophisticated vibe as a darker option.
- In interior design: It can be used in a range of decorative objects, such as cushions, curtains, throws, and wall paintings, allowing spaces to have a unique, interesting, and energetic appeal.
Overall, kelly green is a versatile, energetic, and attractive colour that can be used in various applications. Whether it’s in fashion, interior design or any creative endeavours, it has the ability to bring vibrant and refreshing energy into any space.
So, if you’re looking to refresh and invigorate a space, kelly green should be on your shortlist.
Popular Color Combinations With Kelly Green
Kelly green is a vibrant shade of green that imbues energy, growth, and renewal. Named after a family that represented ireland for over 400 years, kelly green stands out in style and fashion as it is often paired with various colors to create a distinct, bold appearance.
In this section, we will explore the most popular color combinations that will make your kelly green stand out and bring life to your outfit.
Harmonious Color Palettes With Kelly Green
Harmonious color palettes with kelly green are those that share similar undertones with kelly green, creating an overall cohesive and balanced look.
Here are some popular harmonious color palettes with kelly green:
- Kelly green, navy blue, and white: This palette creates a nautical-inspired look where kelly green represents the lush sea, navy blue represents the deep ocean, and white represents the waves.
- Kelly green, emerald green, and forest green: This palette creates an earthy and natural look where kelly green’s vibrant hue acts as the accent color, paired with two darker shades of green, representing nature and greenery.
- Kelly green, sunshine yellow, and tangerine orange: This palette creates a playful and energetic look that resembles sunny days and summer fun. Kelly green’s vibrance shines through with the bright and cheerful yellow and orange shades.
Contrasting Color Schemes With Kelly Green
Contrasting color schemes with kelly green are those that create a stark contrast with kelly green, making the colors stand out vividly.
Here are some popular contrasting color schemes with kelly green:
- Kelly green and hot pink: This palette creates a bold and daring look that is playful and tropical.
- Kelly green and royal purple: This palette creates a regal and elegant look that oozes sophistication and class.
- Kelly green and canary yellow: This palette creates a cheery and eye-catching look that is perfect for summer.
Color Combinations To Avoid With Kelly Green
While kelly green is a versatile color, there are a few color combinations that don’t complement the shade very well.
Here are some color combinations to avoid with kelly green:
- Kelly green and brown: This combination tends to look muddy and dull, as brown and green share similar undertones.
- Kelly green and black: While black will make kelly green stand out, the combination can be too harsh and create a somber mood.
- Kelly green and red: This combination can be too christmas-y and clash in an unpleasant way.
Kelly green is a bold and vibrant color that can be paired with various colors to create unique, stylish looks. Use these popular color combinations to make your kelly green outfits stand out and create a lasting impression.
Kelly Green In Fashion Industry
Kelly green is a color that is often associated with both nature and energy. It is a popular shade of green in the fashion industry, where it’s known for its versatility and boldness.
In this section of the blog post, we will explore the history of kelly green in fashion, designers who use kelly green, and styling tips for creating kelly green outfits.
History Of Kelly Green In Fashion
- Kelly green has been used in fashion for decades and was named after the famous actress and fashion icon, grace kelly.
- It first gained popularity in the 1950s and 1960s when it was used in women’s clothing, particularly in dresses and suits.
- The color became even more popular in the 1980s and 1990s when it was used in athletic wear and streetwear.
- Today, kelly green is still a popular color in fashion and can be seen in various types of clothing, including tops, dresses, pants, and accessories.
Designers Who Use Kelly Green
- Kelly green has been featured in many designer collections.
- Popular fashion designers like tommy hilfiger, kate spade, and marc jacobs have incorporated this color into their collections.
- Many contemporary designers have also embraced kelly green and have used it in their creations, such as dries van noten, victoria beckham, and christopher kane.
Styling Tips For Kelly Green Outfits
- When pairing kelly green with other colors, neutrals such as black, white, beige, and navy work well.
- It can also be paired with complementary colors such as pink, yellow, and purple for a bold look.
- To make kelly green the focal point of an outfit, pair it with neutral or subdued colors in the rest of the outfit.
- For a more subtle look, pair it with other shades of green or earthy tones like brown or tan.
- When accessorizing a kelly green outfit, gold or silver jewelry adds an elegant touch.
- Kelly green is a versatile color and can be dressed up or down, making it a great option for various occasions.
Kelly green has a rich history in the fashion industry, and designers continue to embrace this versatile color in their collections. By following these styling tips, anyone can rock a kelly green outfit no matter their personal style.
Kelly Green In Graphic Design
Kelly green is a vibrant shade of green that is often associated with nature, growth, and harmony. This color is frequently used in graphic design to convey a sense of freshness and energy.
In this section, we will explore the significance of kelly green in branding, as well as how to create logos and designs using this dynamic color.
We will also examine some color combinations to keep in mind while using kelly green in your designs.
Importance Of Kelly Green In Branding
Kelly green is an excellent color choice for branding as it promotes a sense of freshness and vitality.
Here are some key points to consider when using kelly green in your branding efforts:
- Kelly green promotes growth and renewal, which is relevant for companies that want to emphasize a sense of innovation and forward-thinking.
- This color is often associated with eco-friendliness, health, and well-being, making it an excellent choice for companies in the health and wellness industry.
- Kelly green is also associated with financial growth and prosperity, making it a suitable choice for companies that want to convey stability and growth in their branding efforts.
Creating Logos And Designs Using Kelly Green
When using kelly green in your logo or design, it is essential to keep a few things in mind to create a cohesive and visually appealing design.
Consider the following points:
- Choose complementary colors: Kelly green pairs well with neutral colors like black, white, and gray. It also works well with other shades of green, blue, yellow, and orange.
- Use kelly green sparingly: Since kelly green is such a vibrant color, it is best used sparingly to avoid overpowering your design. Consider using it as an accent color rather than the primary color.
- Experiment with texture: Incorporating textures such as wood, stone or even floral patterns that feature kelly green can add a unique touch to your design.
Color Combinations To Be Mindful Of While Using Kelly Green
While kelly green is an incredible color for branding and design, it is essential to be conscious of other colors that can enhance or detract from the color’s vibrancy.
Here are some color combinations to keep in mind:
- Kelly green and white: This combination is crisp and timeless. It’s the perfect choice when you want the kelly green to pop.
- Kelly green and navy blue: This color combination is perfect for conveying a sense of professionalism and trustworthiness.
- Kelly green and yellow: This color combination is for those who want a vibrant, energetic, and cheerful design.
Kelly green is an eye-catching and versatile color that can add a fresh and vibrant touch to any design. When used thoughtfully, kelly green can be an effective tool for conveying energy, growth, and renewal in your branding and design efforts.
Kelly Green In Flora
Kelly green is a vibrant and refreshing color that exudes natural beauty. This shade is iconic for its association with the luscious greenery of plants and flowers.
Kelly green can be incorporated in gardening, floral arrangements, and even in the plant kingdom’s symbolism. Let’s explore how kelly green enhances the natural world within the floral realm.
Plants And Flowers That Showcase Kelly Green
Kelly green is a prevalent color in the plant kingdom and enhances the beauty of various species.
Some of the plants that can be used to add kelly green to your garden or floral arrangements include:
- Ferns: Ferns are abundant in greenery, and kelly green is the perfect color to complement their natural beauty.
- Succulents: Various succulents, such as echeverias and jade plants, have a unique kelly green hue that enhances their small yet precisely formed leaves.
- Zinnias: These showy flowers are available in different shades of kelly green and provide a perfect addition to floral arrangements.
- Snapdragons: These vibrant flowers are available in various shades of kelly green and will provide perfect focal points to any garden or floral arrangement.
Importance Of Kelly Green In Gardening
Kelly green is a perfect color for gardening because it adds depth and luster to the surroundings.
Here are some key benefits of incorporating kelly green into gardening:
- A soothing ambiance: A garden that showcases kelly green can provide a refreshing and calm environment for relaxation.
- Complements other colors: Kelly green is a natural color that harmonizes perfectly with other colors in the garden.
- It is a versatile color: Kelly green can be used in various garden settings, whether in a formal garden or a more relaxed and rustic environment.
Symbolism Of Kelly Green In The Plant Kingdom
In the plant kingdom, kelly green is synonymous with growth, life, and renewal. The symbolic significance of kelly green is not only limited to the color itself but also to the foliage of plants and flowers.
Here are some symbolic meanings of kelly green in the plant kingdom:
- Growth and renewal: Kelly green symbolizes the growth and renewal of the plant kingdom, making it an ideal color for garden rejuvenation.
- Fertility and abundance: Kelly green represents the fertility and abundance of life within the plant kingdom, providing a sense of abundance and growth.
- Natural beauty: Kelly green symbolizes the natural beauty of the flora, thus adding a touch of elegance and refinement to any setting.
Kelly green is a vibrant and refreshing color that provides depth, beauty, and visual appeal to any garden or floral arrangement.
From its symbolic significance to its prominence in various plant species, kelly green remains an iconic color that enhances the natural world’s beauty.
Kelly Green In Fauna
Kelly green is a bright and vibrant hue of green that looks pretty similar to the shade of grass, symbolizing nature and fertility.
It’s an invigorating color that gives a sense of refreshment and liveliness. In the animal kingdom, this color has a significant significance due to its distinctive hue.
Let’s explore some of the animals that sport kelly green color.
Animals That Sport Kelly Green
- Green anaconda: This massive snake camouflages in lush green territories to hunt its prey. Featuring dark greenish scales with blotchy patterns, they measure up to 29 feet long.
- Green parakeet: Green parakeet, a popular household pet, has kelly green feathers with mustard yellow heads and red beaks. They are social animals that love company.
- Green sea turtle: Green sea turtles are massive aquatic reptiles that are famous for their majestic neon green shells. They are herbivores that munch on seagrasses and algae.
- Green poison dart frog: These palm-sized frogs are toxic. They have a bright kelly green color on their bodies, which serves as a warning sign to their predators. Their bright color is known as aposematic coloration.
- Green tree python: As the name suggests, green tree python is a tree-dwelling species that sports an emerald green coloration, which provides them with perfect camouflage in their native habitat.
Significance Of Kelly Green In The Animal Kingdom
Kelly green plays an essential role in the animal kingdom.
Here are some significant reasons why:
- Camouflage: Many animals, such as green anacondas and green tree pythons, have kelly green scales that merge them with their surroundings, acting as the perfect camouflage, allowing them to hunt prey efficiently and avoid predators.
- Warning sign: Bright kelly green can act as a warning sign for other animals, indicating danger. For example, green poison dart frog has bright green coloration that signifies that they are poisonous, warning predators to keep their distance.
- Identification: Kelly green color can help identify different animal species. For example, green sea turtles have a unique green shell that makes them stand out among other turtle species.
How Humans Draw Inspiration From Kelly Green Fauna
Green is the color of nature and life, representing growth, renewal, and vitality. Humans draw inspiration from kelly green fauna, and this color has become a popular choice in clothing, interior decor, and branding design due to its vibrant and refreshing hues.
Kelly green is a popular color in:
- Fashion design: Kelly green is popular in fashion design due to its refreshing and bold look. It’s a perfect choice for summer wear or accessories such as scarves and bags.
- Interior design: Kelly green is a popular choice in interior design, as it creates a refreshing and calming atmosphere. It’s perfect for walls, furniture, and curtains, providing a relaxing ambiance to living spaces.
- Branding design: Kelly green is a popular choice for branding design, as it gives a sense of renewal and growth. Brands such as starbucks and john deere use kelly green in their logos, giving their brand a touch of nature and vitality.
Overall, kelly green in fauna, signifies growth, renewal, and vitality, which humans find inspiring and refreshing. This color is an integral part of nature, from which humans draw inspiration and continue to use in various ways.
Factors To Consider When Using Kelly Green
Kelly green is a color that has gained popularity in recent years. It is a vibrant, bold shade of green that can add life to any project.
However, there are a few factors to consider when using this color. In this blog post, we’ll be exploring those factors under the subheading “factors to consider when using kelly green.”
Lighting And Color Temperature
The color of kelly green can be affected by lighting and color temperature.
Here are some key points to take into consideration:
- Kelly green can appear brighter and more vibrant under bright lighting conditions.
- In low-light settings, kelly green can appear darker and less vibrant.
- The color temperature of the lighting can also affect how kelly green appears. Warmer colors can make kelly green appear more yellow, while cooler colors can make it appear more blue.
Audience Preferences And Demographics
It’s important to consider your audience’s preferences and demographics when using kelly green in a project.
Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Kelly green can be a polarizing color – some people love it, while others don’t care for it as much.
- The age, gender, and cultural background of your audience could influence their opinions on kelly green.
- If you’re targeting a specific audience, it’s a good idea to do some research and see if kelly green is a color they tend to respond positively to.
Context Of The Project
Lastly, the context of the project should be taken into account when using kelly green.
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Kelly green can be a bold and attention-grabbing color, so it may not be appropriate for every project.
- It can work well in designs where you want to convey a sense of energy, playfulness, or positivity.
- In more serious or conservative contexts, kelly green may come across as too casual or unprofessional.
While kelly green can be a great color to work with, it’s important to consider factors such as lighting, audience preferences, and the context of the project to ensure that the color choice is appropriate and effective.
FAQ On Kelly Green Color
What Is Kelly Green Color?
Kelly green is a bright shade of green that is sometimes described as grass-green or spring-green.
Where Did The Name Kelly Green Come From?
The color was named after the common family name in ireland, kelly, and is associated with irish heritage.
What Colors Do You Mix To Get Kelly Green?
To make kelly green, mix equal parts of blue and yellow together to create a bright and vibrant shade.
What Are The Best Color Combinations For Kelly Green?
Kelly green pairs well with neutrals such as gray, beige, and white, as well as with other bright colors like pink and orange.
As we conclude this article on the enigmatic kelly green color, we can see that it encompasses many shades and tones, and its origins are rooted in irish heritage. This verdant hue brings a sense of renewal, growth and peace to our surroundings.
Kelly green is a popular color choice in fashion, decor, and branding. Its boldness and vibrancy combined with its versatility make it a timeless classic. Adding kelly green to your wardrobe, home decor or graphic designs can be a fun and exciting way to express your personality.
So, next time you marvel at a lush green landscape or admire a new shirt in kelly green, remember the rich cultural significance and symbolism behind it. It is truly a color that stands the test of time and will always have a place in our hearts.